UK websites and links, organised by topic into categories. Add your website for FREE!
Make the most of your free listing with Business Directory Portfolio Pages UK
The way you write your listing in our directory will have a big affect on how successful your listing is.
A well formatted link from us will positively affect:
- The amount of search engine power our link passes to your site.
- The keywords your listing and therefore your website ranks well for.
- The number of clicks from our site to yours.
- The overall amount of business you gain from your listing.
How to correctly format your listing:
- Listing Title: What are your main keywords?
It is important to state the main products and services that you are trying to sell as your main keywords. Generally speaking, your company name is not a keyword. If someone already knows your company name, they are already a potential customer, and do not need to be targeted. If your business is based in a particular location and only serving that location, your location is a very important keyword.
Try to write a short five or six word sentence that describes the products and services that you offer as your listing title. If possible you should include your location in the title.
- Listing Description: Expand your description and include your company name.
This is the chance to write a bit more about your business. This is the place you should include your company name, so that customers know who they are clicking on. If you cover several geographical locations or business sectors, use this space to write about them. Our site allows several hundred characters to be written in your website description, and you should use them all. This is the part that determines if a customer will click on your site or on that of a competitor.
- Listing Keywords: List all the keywords relevant to your business.
The keywords are used during a keyword search on this site. List as many keywords as you can. The more the better. Just the words themselves. Not sentences. Include again all of your main keywords, include all the areas you cover geographically as well. Keywords do not appear in your main listing.
- Example one: Poor listing, how not to do it.
- Listing Title (website name): Wadgets Limited
- Listing Description (website description): Kitchens
- Listing keywords: Wadgets Limited, Catering, Kitchens
This listing will look like:
Wadgets Limited Catering
As you can see the listing does not describe the business and encourage new customers to click on the link, and there is no way to tell which areas the company covers.
- Example two: Good listing.
- Listing Title (website name): Merseyside commercial kitchen supplies and installation
- Listing Description (website description): By Wadgets Limited. Supplying restaurants, cafes, pubs etc in Liverpool, Merseyside and North West England with all your commercial kitchen catering equipment and installation needs. We supply all major brands and can custom build and install your business kitchen.
- Listing keywords: Wadgets Limited, Catering, Kitchens, commercial, restaurant, pubs, cafes, supplies, fitting, refrigeration, commercial ovens, installation engineers, equipment, Liverpool, Merseyside, North West, England,
This listing will look like:
Merseyside commercial kitchen supplies and installation By Wadgets Limited. Supplying restaurants, cafes, pubs etc in Liverpool, Merseyside and North West England with all your commercial kitchen catering equipment and installation needs. We supply all major brands and can custom build and install your business kitchen.
This listing fully describes what this business does and where. The anchor text in the link (the clickable words) contain the main keywords which makes this link very search engine friendly and will help with Google ranking too.